Stanground Academy has strict guidelines on uniform and all secondary pupils are expected to wear the full Academy uniform.
The wearing of our distinctive uniform gives pupils a sense of ‘belonging', helps foster pride in the Academy and stops pupils coming to school in inappropriate clothing or footwear.
We would like to take this opportunity to update you with some exciting news regarding the Academy uniform. From September 2020, we will be making some changes to the uniform. Students currently in Years 7 and 8 will need a Stanground Academy Blazer. The Blazer will provide a source of pride for our students and enable them to display the various badges of their achievements. The quality of the Blazer also means that it will keep students warm during the winter months and also offer pockets for pens.
The Blazer will be optional for students currently in years 9 and 10 (moving up to Years 10 and 11 in September 2020), but they will need to wear the Academy’s black jumper along with all current expectations. We have made a conscious decision to try to keep costs for parents to a minimum.
Students currently in Year 6 and joining the Academy in Year 7 in September 2020, will also wear the Academy Blazer and, over the next two years, all students (Years 7-11) will be required to wear the Academy Blazer. In addition, the Academy is offering the option for parents to purchase a black jumper for all students to wear under the Blazer, this item is not compulsory with the blazer.
We would like to be very clear that from September 2020 students in Years 7, 8 and 9 will be expected to wear the new Academy Blazer, students in Years 10 and 11 will be in an Academy black jumper but may also choose to wear the Academy Blazer if they choose to do so.
The uniform for all years:
- Plain white school shirt (not polo shirts).
- Black full length trousers or skirt (jeans, cords, ‘hipster' and tight fitting trousers are not allowed, skirts to be no shorter than knee length and not fitted) - as a rule of thumb, trousers and skirts should be modest. The Academy reserves the right to make final judgement on what is deemed appropriate. Capri-style trousers are not suitable (above the ankle).
- Academy house tie.
- Academy v-necked pullover, in black, with the Academy logo (optional for Years 7-9 from Sep)
- Academy Blazer.
- Sensible black leather or leather-style shoes which can be polished; no boots or trainers or trainer style shoes, such as 'Vans' are permitted.
PE Kit for all years:
- Black tracksuit bottoms.
- Black short-sleeved sports t-shirt with purple panels and Academy logo.
- Black long-sleeved quarter-zip top with Academy logo.
- Stanground Academy PE pant.
- Stanground Academy PE leggings.
- Stanground Academy PE short.
- Stanground Academy PE skort.
- Suitable trainers or other PE footwear.
Our new supplier is Chroma Sports and they are based in Bretton, Peterborough.
All pupils should have a warm dark coloured coat for the journey to and from the Academy, nothing, other than school uniform, is to be worn in the building (ie no other jumpers/ tops are allowed in place of the official school jumper). Denim coats, hoodies, body-warmer-style coats and caps are not allowed.
Pupils are expected to wear Academy uniform when travelling to and from the Academy, at all Academy functions and on visits by parties or sports teams.
Jewellery is not allowed, except for one pair of small, plain, gold or silver studs worn in the ear. Ear-rings, rings, nose studs or other facial jewellery, nail varnish and make up are not allowed. Retainers of any kind are not permitted.
Electrical items, such as mobile phones are also not allowed to been seen on the Academy site.
THE ACADEMY TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOST OR STOLEN JEWELLERY OR ELECTRICAL ITEMS BROUGHT INTO OR ON THE ACADEMY SITE.
Shoes must be black, leather or leather-style sensible ones for Academy use that can be polished, flat soled or with very low heel. No boots or trainers or trainer type shoes, such as 'Vans' are allowed.
Excessive hair styles are not allowed. ‘Cuts' of any shape or design are not allowed, nor are multiple hair colours.
Equipment should be carried in a rucksack-type backpack large enough to carry an A4 size folder and books. Handbags are not permitted.
Parents are strongly advised to supervise the purchase of all clothing to be worn on the Academy site. The Principal's decision about uniform issues is binding and final.
Sixth Form students do not have a uniform but are expected to follow the dress code of 'office wear'.