Excellence, access, inclusion and equality of opportunity are the core values which underpin all of our activities. We believe that the active promotion of diversity within the overarching equality of opportunity enriches the lives and experiences of all pupils at the Academy. The Academy recognises that its community is made up of a broad range of individuals and groups with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, lifestyles, languages and cultures, and seeks to retain a pupil intake from within the geographical base in the catchment area and outside. The Academy is committed to the principle that all pupils should be treated with dignity and respect.
We are committed to:
- treating everybody with equal value
- eliminating discrimination, harassment, victimisation and any other conduct that is prohibited by or under the Equality Act 2010
- advancing equality of opportunity between those who share a protected characteristic (see below) and those who do not
- tackling prejudice and promoting understanding and fostering good relations
- ensuring that the views of those with protected characteristics are sought and taken into account when making important decisions about our work
- taking steps to remove or minimise the disadvantages faced by and meet the needs of those who share one or more protected characteristics.
This statement applies to both students and colleagues and we will ensure that nobody is discriminated against on the basis of any protected characteristic. This includes direct and indirect discrimination as well as discrimination due to association or perception.
To access the Trust Equal Opportunity policy and/ or to read the Trust Public Sector Equality Duty Policy please click the following link: Greenwood Academies Trust Policies and Procedures
To find out more about the Equalities Act 2010 please click here.
To find out more about the Public Sector Equality Duty click here.